FREYR plans to meet the rapid global growth in demand for battery-enabled electrification through the development of batteries that are both cost competitive, and sustainably produced:
- Targeting 81% reduction of CO₂e emissions against industry benchmark
- Targeting reduced CO₂ emissions across the supply chain
FREYR seeks to minimize its emission footprint across the entire battery value chain. We will produce clean batteries and promote a sustainable battery life cycle from cradle to grave as we accelerate transition to an electrified and decarbonized world.
We believe that the rapid expansion of battery-enabled electrification of mobility and processes is required to meet global targets for reducing CO₂ emissions. However, we recognize that battery manufacturing impacts the environment via emissions and waste from extraction of raw materials, energy generation, battery cell production and -packaging, and logistics. We recognize our corporate social responsibility and will implement procedures to ensure supplies of battery materials meet our standards.
FREYR has identified a path to reduce CO₂emissions from the value chain of battery cell manufacturing compared to a benchmark of emissions from current battery cell manufacturing processes in different countries around the world, using a standard battery cell design through four steps embedded in our long-term strategy:
- Minimizing CO₂ emissions and energy consumption in battery cell production
- Target zero direct emissions from battery cell manufacturing facilities to air, soil and water
- Support the establishment of a sustainable Nordic supply chain
- Establish sustainable distribution solutions for battery cells and materials